It’s coming in 2009 but people around the world are already hyped about The Sims 3. The official EA site has just released a new video trailer yesterday and it’s better than ever. Step outside the the box and limitations of the old Sims and get ready for a whole new Sims world. Watch out for the guy with make-up, I have a feeling that he would be one of the main characters in the upcoming game. Check out the all-new screenshots, blogs from the developers, cool stuff, and more from The Sims 3 Team. And yes, the annoying jogger still runs past your house every morning.
Tag Archives: release
Okay, So I’ve never been a fan of Rihanna’s vocal ability. Yet she always manage to get good songs so I just had to put up with her. I would be so much happier if her songs were sung by other artists that actually CAN sing (Rachel Stevens would be my first choice to take over her songs). Anyway, back to Rihanna and Disturbia. Another new video from her album, Good Girl Gone Bad. It’s another catchy dance song like S.O.S. and Pon de Replay. If you like those you’re gonna like this, and I suppose this song will go around for weeks (naturally for Rihanna). Moving on to the video, got some make-up, a little creepy, dark and dirty while letting Rihanna look good in it. It’s a nice pop video, but I don’t feel the Disturbia. Bum bum be-dum bum bum be-dum bum….
The long awaited album by Estonian artist Kerli is finally out this week. It includes previously released songs Love is Dead and Walking on Air.
As Rick Florino reviews on Artist Direct; “Love is Dead is more than just “alternative music;” it’s alternative art. Kerli’s vision extends far beyond the notes recorded on her CD, and that’s instantly apparent from her twisted fairytale aesthetic…Kerli doesn’t fit in any kind of box. There are flourishes of alt rock, industrial, electronica, metal and trip hop throughout the record. The one thing she does adhere to is the hook. These songs aren’t easily forgotten, because Kerli can carry a melody to oblivion and back. Ultimately, Kerli’s onto something that could be very significant for the disenfranchised, disillusioned 21st century youth.
Love may not be dead after all.”
So you want to set the mood with scented candles. May it be a fun gathering, family visit, a date or just a home alone relaxation, there are some things that you should note:
For the Candles:
- When selecting a candle by scent, don’t smell the wax. Smell the inside of the lid or container because that’s where the scent collects. The full body of the scent drifts up and collects in the underside of the lid.
- Although candle warmers work well for releasing scent in large dosages, you’ll be left with unscented wax after a few uses. So, burning a candle is a more efficient way to release scent into a room. Scent will continue to be released throughout the entire life of your candle.
- Plan ahead if you’re counting on having a room enveloped in a candle’s fragrance. A candle’s scent is released through it’s wax pool, and it can take 15 to 30 minutes to develop a pool sizeable enough to fill a room with fragrance.
- To combat soot keep your candle away from drafts, keep your wicks trimmed to 1/4 inches and use a candle topper.
- To increase the life or your candle, burn it in longer intervals, two, three or four hours at a time. Burning it in short, frequent intervals – ten minutes here, 30 minutes there – actually decreases a candle’s overall number of burn hours.
Now we move on to selecting a scent, sometimes the sales person is helpful and sometimes they are not. Here are some of the effects of different scents according to Dr. Hirsch, otherwise known as Dr. Smell.
– Lavender: Studies show that the smell of lavender triggers alpha waves in the posterior part of the brain associated with a relaxed state. Use this scent when you want to create a relaxing mood in the bathroom or in the family room areas.
— Jasmine: Jasmine’s scent triggers beta waves in the front of the head, which stimulates alertness. Jasmine has been proven to help focus and increases hand-eye coordination. Jasmine should be used at work stations or while studying or doing homework.
— Roses: There are over a hundred varieties of roses and not only is this flower a symbol of romance, but the scent of roses also increases olfactory-evoked nostalgia that will bring happy moments back to memory. Dr. Hirsch recommends using roses in social areas as well as when you have a visitor at your house.
— Violets: Dr. Hirsch’s studies also showed that violets enhance learning speed by 17 percent, and improve concentration when used in study rooms. Violets can be placed on studying and working areas, when reading or doing homework. The fragrance of violets on clothes is a good way to take this flower essence with you to places where you need to stay focused.
— Lilies: The scent of lily has been proven to increase wakefulness and help you stay alert. An arrangement made of lilies in the study area or living room can do the trick when you want to stay alert.
— Cinnamon: According to Dr. Hirsch, cinnamon may also bring happy moments back to memory and may lift your spirits. You can use in your kitchen area after cooking to evoke joyful memories.