On God and football: “When you try to combat everything, at the end of the day you realize that you’re responsible for yourself…Look at the attention I get: It’s because I throw a football. But that’s what society values. That’s not what God values. He didn’t invent the game. We did. I have some eye-hand coordination, and I can throw the ball. I don’t think that matters to God.“
Tag Archives: tie
Going to court a lot made me realize one thing: no matter how great your argument is, it does not matter if the suit you’re wearing makes you look like shit. I don’t care how much drugs the guy was selling, or how he pointed a gun at some guy’s head, it’s total eye sore to watch the prosecutor do his job with a bad suit on. A modern man needs to know how to dress, especially in suits.
- It needs to fit- You may not be an intimate guy but a suit needs to fit closely to your body, no over size ok? If they don’t have your size at the store, don’t compromise, go get a tailor-made (Trust me, it’s not expensive these days).
- Brand matters little- A Gucci or YSL may be nice, but it’s much more important to have a suit that you’re comfortable in. You are better off with something that suits you than looking weird in a $1800USD Gucci. We all agree that men work better when they’re comfortable don’t we?
- Cotton or wool only- Please, don’t argue with me on this
Colours that always work:
- Black- It’s chic, it’s New York and it’s versatile. May it be a job interview, a funeral or your best friend’s wedding it works. If you can only have one suit, it’s black.
- Grey- It’s plain, conservative and classic. If you want o play safe in an occasion and still be dandy, grey is the choice for you.
- Blue- Want something more fun and casual? Blue makes you welcome everywhere you roam. For those who don’t want to look like a dork in parties and gathering.
- Single or Double? Single-breasted and double-breasted Jacket both work well with most body types. If you’re a slender guy, single-breasted would fit you nicely. Double-breasted would make the broad more appealing.
- Those damn buttons-Two is certainly popular. Just remember that you ONLY button the top one. Try look into the mirror with both and you’ll know what I mean. Three is classic and, well, still classic. Either button the middle one only or the top two. Four? Well The Beatles did it… but as for men today, don’t even think about it, at least not this season.
- How fit is fit? Again, it has to be close to your body. Make sure it does not wrinkle when you button though.
- We usually pick the ones that come with the suit. It certainly saves a lot of brain cells from choosing and it’s safe. Do have a back-up pair of pants though so you can change between them once in a while, or, if anything bad happens to it, you still got a spare pair.
Well these are the basics. I can’t assure that you’ll look like George Clooney but hey! At least you will look good in your suit.
Too much reading? Try this video with Calvin Klein’s CEO in it.